Monday, October 1, 2007

Oktoberfest

It was Oktoberfest this past weekend in the town of Lovettsville. It's an annual tradition and it's always a lot of fun. I like it because the library has a book sale and you can get some really great book deals. It's also fun to see everyone wandering around town. Then there's the Chinese food.

Chinese food? At Oktoberfest? What about German food? Well, they have that too and I have eaten that, but every year they have a Chinese food vendor who sells these great chicken thingies and lo mein and it's just too good to pass up. By the time I've eaten that, it's too late for bratwurst.

Anyway, my kids are older, but they still look forward to it. I think part of it because during Oktoberfest it was the first time we allowed any of them to go off with their friends without our parental oversight.

Well, it's over now, but it was great and the weather really cooperated.

1 comment:

Legendary Pink Dot said...

Which beer did you like best?